Classic Film Quote of the Week:

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

First Post

This blog intends to discuss classic films, that is primarily films of the classical and post-classical eras. Although, at times, I may decide to mention some current films. To start things off, here's a look at my menu for Oscar Night:

Appetizers:

Slumdog Millionaire Hummus and Pita Bread

Hanna Schmitt's Sliced Bratwurst

Main Course:

Queenie's Chicken Gumbo

Dessert:

Harvey "Milk" Shakes

Frosted/Nixon Cupcakes

Hope this inspires some of you to create your own Oscar menus! May the best picture win! Until next time, have a cinematic day!

-Reel Classic Dame

3 comments:

  1. Having seen the movie years past, the screening on Wednesday at the ArcLight gave me a chance to focus on performances, dialogue, manipulations to create audience reaction, and nuances unseen upon my first viewings, obscured by the terror of it all. From this vantage point, I found the movie brilliant -- when previously I would have agreed with Liza's comments. What ending would have satisfied? Hard to say... Far more terrifying to leave the audience in doubt -- we just hope the characters survived. Many things in life do not achieve closure, so I don't consider the movie a waste of time at all. Though, The Birds is by no means my favorite movie, I have to say I enjoyed it more after the musings of Osborne and Hedren and a chance to focus on the art rather than the plot. After hearing one story, of how they reshot a scene to play Melanie totally differently, I came to appreciate the talent I didn't see before. Fun time with TCM screenings -- first class. I feel privileged to have been able to attend

    ReplyDelete